Featured post

First semester

The last post was almost 3 months ago, that, I am ashamed of and I will save you the excuses, as busy and crazy as final year is I am really...

Wednesday 14 May 2014

Whats Next?

Next stop. Colorado!

Why?.... Why not? more like it.
(Google Images)

As of tonight (night before my last piece of coursework is to be handed in) I am finished my second year of university; how crazy it is to think that this year is over, but less of the thinking... it's very nearly Summer.

I heard sometime last year of this amazing opportunity through my uni, to take a year out and study for one year in america. I can't contain myself with how excited I am. I applied at the beginning of January, sending my forms off to my uni to be checked over, then at the beginning of February they were packed up and sent across the big pond to be processed. Not only was I delighted to get the email to be notified that they were in fact on their way but then I had realised what I had actually done. Did I really think this over? 

The wait was by far the hardest and most anxious I have experienced. I had applied to a variety of different collages across the country but in the back of my mind I always had this image of being in a small village in the mountains (but no idea where). What made the wait even more excoriating, was ever time I went to my grannies house she would always ask me if I had heard any response yet, so not only was I going through this but so was my granny who was just as if not more excited than I was. She had an excuse to pack her bags and come visit america, a place to which she holds close to her heart.

I get the feeling that Granny would be mortified if she ever knew that I wrote this but I held off from telling her in the beginning that I had even applied because I know she wouldn't have been able to handle the waiting process and the thought of not knowing; she would have wanted to know then and there. Around mid February I HAD to confess. It was so difficult to hold it in for that length of time; I tell her everything (she's my partner in crime).

I like to consider myself to be an adventurous person; at the age of six I started the Beavers, then cubs as I got older finally becoming a Scout; We participated in lots of outdoor activities, camping, hiking, building fires, tents etc. This gave me my courage as a child and meant that I spent a lot of my time outside, basically being a tom boy with my brother and neighbours. Therefore I had always held this thought in my head that anything unusual or extraordinary came my way, I pretty much HAD to get involved. So when I heard about this opportunity I first said YES and thought sure I can worry about it when it happens. 
("If somebody offers you an amazing opportunity but you are not sure you can do it, say yes - then learn how to do it later." Richard Branson)

Finally! On the 15th April I got that long awaited Email that Placed me in Colorado in a beautiful Collage in the south west part of the state. Set in the beautiful mountains beside a small village, Like I had imagined myself being in :) On the 24th April it felt a lot more real when I received my confirmation email to congratulate me on my acceptance into the collage. OVER THE MOON!! 

I am definitely starting to think more about what I have to do and what needs organised, but for the meantime I'm still in the honeymoon period and not panicking.... Yet!


I can see it now... As my Blog posts continue to go up the panic will slowly but surely sink in and I will start to freak out!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment