Featured post

First semester

The last post was almost 3 months ago, that, I am ashamed of and I will save you the excuses, as busy and crazy as final year is I am really...

Tuesday 27 January 2015

Family time, is the best time

Reunited and it feels so good!


Think dad's happy to be in town

So after an unexpected flight to a destination unplanned, a cancelled flight, two day lay over, a miscalculation of fuel, I could gladly say that the parents were finally standing in person in front of me. It was almost surreal, Skype helped to ease the shock, of the length of time since 'seeing seeing' them, but none the less it was four months since I got a physical hug from this lovely pair.

Finally in town and where better to bring them for brunch than the Irish Embassy, without a doubt one of my favourite pub's in Durango. With it being Sunday they had Live traditional music playing; well sure it was like being back at home.


Everyone out in sympathy for my broken foot, or they were teasing me.





"Fish and Chip made it to the Grand Canyon"

I am fortunate enough to be able to say, that I have been to the grand canyon but to be able to say that I've been twice and got the incredible opportunity to experience it in the snow, well that is defiantly something that you don't get to see everyday.

The only disadvantage was obviously that I had my broken ass foot and had to crutch around, but that wasn't stopping me taking the ridiculously dangerous steps down to the edge, although we got some classy pictures for all the hard work.

It's a gift to get to all these places and experience them, though when you get to share them with your nearest and dearest friends and family, well hey it makes the moment just that little extra special. To see the look on my mum's face was just priceless, somewhere she had aways wanted to go, I only wish we could stay longer, no doubt we'll be back. 


My biggest fear for breaking my foot over the Christmas Holidays was not only the fact that mum and dad may possible go crazy that it happened, but I wouldn't get the chance to ski with everyone even though that was one of the reasons they were coming to visit. 

Fortunately, I managed to convince mum to let me go skiing, even though I had gone just two days after the fateful incident, but none the less mum was the decider, and after some persuading I got her convinced to allow me one day.

And what a day it was, that was it; I was a happy bunny! And was lucky enough to bump into some friends and finally got them introduced to mum and dad which was perfect.


I can honestly say that I have never experienced a Christmas break quite as exciting, eventful, random, crazy, enjoyable, painful and some what unplanned. Although somethings didn't work out as intended I had a wonderful break, I rolled with the punches and had an incredible Christmas despite what happened and I regret nothing. 

It taught me a great lesson that no matter what you plan or how precise you have everything, there will always be those unplanned incidents. 



No comments:

Post a Comment