Featured post

First semester

The last post was almost 3 months ago, that, I am ashamed of and I will save you the excuses, as busy and crazy as final year is I am really...

Friday 12 June 2015

Questioning

Do you ever wonder why we are put through particular challenges in our lives? Why me and not them? Why in general? 

As humans we are inclined to questions things, situations, circumstances etc. When I was a child, if I was asked to do something my first reaction was, why? It was instinct. If I have learnt one thing from life so far, it is no matter what way you try and protect yourself from bad or unpleasant situations happening theres just no point; these issues are going to arrive in our paths and come knocking at our doors whether we like it or not. So why fight it happening or avoid them. I've been through my fair share of problems in my life (who hasn't) and right in the middle of it all, I wanted nothing more than for it all to go away with the click of my fingers. Now, I never thought the day would appear that I would say this, but I am so glad of those challenges and difficult times because they have helped to shape the type of person I am and have shown me exactly what I can handle when I am put under pressure. 

"A tea bag can only show it's true strength when put into boiling water"


I never say any of this lightly, don't get me wrong people go through situations that are life changing and practically impossible to imagine; I'm sure if they had a choice they would prefer not to go through but I stand by these words that 'everything happens for a reason' the timing, the circumstances and the people involved. 


I was watching Evan Almighty the movie recently and a part of the movie stood out to me more so than ever before, possibly because it was relevant but when God was talking to Evan's wife he said;

"Let me ask you something. If someone prays for patiences, you think God gives them patience? Or does he give them the opportunity to be patient? If he prayed for courage does God give him courage, or does he give him opportunities to be courageous? 
If someone prayed for the family to be closer do you think God zaps them with warm fuzzy feelings, or does he give them the opportunities to love each other?"


We ask ourselves why we are going through these tough times and why it has happened to me? But every time a new issue arises I realise that there is always something to be learnt from it. I have in the past also asked to be better at something; and what way to get better at something than to have practice at it. 


No comments:

Post a Comment