Featured post

First semester

The last post was almost 3 months ago, that, I am ashamed of and I will save you the excuses, as busy and crazy as final year is I am really...

Monday 11 July 2016

An over due visit to the Basque Country

11.06.16
The Basque Country is a place I have heard only good things about.
Ander and I made a promise to each other one day in Durango Colorado, that we would visit each other in our home country; to see where they live, meet their friends and family and find out about the place that helped to make each of us the people that we are. Ander had already fulfilled his promise, now it was my turn. I thank God every day for the experience that I have in my life and for the opportunities to travel the world and hang out with such cool people.


12.06.16
I arrived into Bilbao on Saturday 11th June and I travelled with Ander and his family to 'San Juan de Gaztelugatxe' on the Sunday, I knew we were going to the coast but I had no idea the views would be as breath-taking; it reminded me of the scene with the chapel in 'Mamma Mia'.

13.06.16
A private tour around the 'Plaza Toros' Azpeitia or bullring.
It's all about who you know!



What better way to see a new town than to get out on the bike and set your own pace.

 'Basilica of Loyola' or 'Sanctuary of Ignatius of Loyola' 

There is a trail from Ander's town that runs along the river, it continues for miles and miles allowing you to enjoy the peace and quite of nature, parts of the trail uses old railway lines and the tunnels that were carved through the mountains for large coal powered steam trains are replaced with the slightly quieter sound of bicycle chains clinking as the gears lower with the climb.

14.06.16
A new perspective from the town hall.

San Sebastián

Can we just take a moment to appreciate these beautiful apartments? I admit I am a sucker for anything mustard or yellow but they are stunning.

No comments:

Post a Comment