Featured post

First semester

The last post was almost 3 months ago, that, I am ashamed of and I will save you the excuses, as busy and crazy as final year is I am really...

Tuesday 14 July 2015

Instantly hungry

Alert!!
Something a little different. I have a passion for food; both making and baking but mostly eating good food. I am a vegetarian (well to be honest a Pescetarian, I eat fish sometimes) for health related reasons, we as a family converted to a healthier lifestyle when my brother and I were both very young; beginning as vegans then as we got older we were able to eat dairy products without having the effects of asthma since ours bodies had built up the resistance over the years of healthy eating. 

I definitely varied off track with that story just a tad but there was a point, we have always looked at alternative to what we call 'bad' foods and how to enhance our food and make it interesting since everyone claims that vegetarian food is very plain and boring. I disagree, by being vegetarians or pescetarian you try new alternatives and explore new flavours that meat eaters might not. 

I thought I would share one of my favourite simple meals that I make; it's super easy to throw together and it tastes absolutely delicious (if I do say so myself) my 'Bucket Salad'.





Salad
Spinach, Lettuce, Rocket, Tomatoes, Mushrooms, cucumber, Sunflower seeds, Almonds

Dressing
Olive Oil, Balsamic dressing, Mustard powder, Salt and Pepper, Honey





Take the seeds and nuts, put them in a dry pan and roast them to enhance the flavour. Mix up the dress in a jar, tear the spinach, rocket and lettuce up, pop in the 'bucket' chop up tomatoes, cucumber and mushrooms then add on top of the leaves along with the roasted nuts and seeds, pour in some of the dress. Simply mix and gobble up, washed down with a cup of green tea or yogi tea and thats me sorted. 

I love photographing food; although it has a side effect of instantly making me hungry when looking through my camera.

No comments:

Post a Comment